Villa Valeria is a typical Villa Urbana of the late republic. Elaborate architecture and urban comfort determine the character of the villa. Luxury houses of this kind could be found, for example, on the hills outside Rome, on the Gulf of Naples in cities such as Puteoli, Baiae, Pompeii or Cumae. The main purpose was the villa owner’s secluded summer stay, during which Hellenistic culture was cultivated and sumptuous banquets were held. Wealthy patricians with great names retreated there to escape the heat, noise and stench of Rome and relax by the sea or in the mountains.
Villa Valeria reflects the character of a building erected a long time ago. The villa is entered through a narrow courtyard with a wild garden, bordered by a kitchen and stable building.
Through a long narrow corridor with two adjoining rooms and a lararium (shrine) at the end you enter the spacious atrium. Behind the landlord’s study room lies the main bedroom of the house. From the atrium you can also reach the back garden with bathing facilities or the first floor.
On the first floor there is the open summer dining room (summer triclinium) with a view over the landscape, as well as another bedroom. The garden, which is open on one side, has a small pool. The master of the house can relax there with his guests and enjoy the view over the landscape.
Features of Villa Valeria:
– spacious atrium with open roof and rain basin (impluvium)
– the owner’s study and reception room (Tablinum)
– courtyard with kitchen and stable building
– two smaller rooms and a slightly larger master bedroom on the ground floor
– lararium (shrine) with candleholder
– roofed veranda on the first floor
– open triclinium
– third bedroom
– back garden with panoramic view and pool
– all textures have been carefully selected and are partly handmade
– as an extra feature we have installed a rain generator in the Impluvium. Just click on the edge of the basin and it will rain through
the roof opening!
– doors are scripted and KOOL door ready
– 99.9% mesh
Complementary products, such as furniture, lighting, pool sets with animations, and many more can be purchased in our shop.
*** Other features and notes ***
The Villa and the individual parts are copyable and modifiable. However, we recommend at least basic building knowledge if you want to change something.
The Rezbox is located at the entrance, which should also serve as a suitable height indication for the ground level below the structure. We recommend to rez the complete structure approx. 5 – 10 m above the actual ground level. After everything has been rezzed, you can slowly move the box downwards and align the structure.
Terraforming skills are required.
Footprint: 32 x 27 m
Landimpact: villa = 130 prims; courtyard garden = 16 prims; pool garden = 11 prims